It’s that time of year again to register for Annual Conference! Links to registration and information about the Day of Service can be found here: 2022 Annual Conference | West Virginia Conference of the United Methodist Church (wvumc.org)
Many have been asking questions about the Day of Service, Children’s Conference, lodging, guests, and COVID protocols. Below are some Frequently Asked Questions you will find helpful!
What is Thursday? Do I come to Buckhannon or not?
- There are no onsite activities that day in honor of the Day of Service. However, for people who want to travel in that evening for the 9:30AM start time on Friday, housing and check in will be available in the Library from 6-8.
Regarding Children’s Conference? What if my kid is under 4?
- Children’s Conference has been adapted and will accommodate children 4-11 with a maximum of 30—one thing you may want to be aware of as people begin to register is, we are working with the Treasuer’s office to access the reimbursement process offered in Fiscal Policy .40 on page 498 of the Journal. This has a limit of $50. Please contact Jamion Wolford for more information.
Should I stay on Thursday night?
- This is up to the individual. We do want people to participate in the Day of Service and we are aware that many people will want to come early since we begin at 9:30 on Friday.
What will be available to guests?
- No choir.
- Off-site livestreaming of business sessions.
- In-person meals and worship will be available, and where appropriate, the health screening will be open to guests.
What are the COVID protocols?
- We will be following CDC guidelines, national and state public health recommendations and the policies of WVWC.
- Right now this includes a COVID waiver which is part of the registration module.